Sunday, May 3, 2009

Aliner Owners Club - Central Great Lakes Regional Rally

We just attended the Central Great Lakes Regional Rally of the Aliner Owners Club in Wapakoneta, Ohio. There was about 30 Aliners in every size, shape and year, including: Alite, Sportliner, Classic, Expedition, Ease, Cabin A. The event was a success. Wonderful people, good food and great campfire chats.







On this trip we towed the Aliner 885 miles with the Buick Rendezvous and averaged 21.1 Miles per Gallon. Not bad, more than usual. We must of had a tailwind both ways.

3 comments:

Scottie said...

May I ask a question? We're planning to buy an A-Liner Scout, about 1400 pounds empty. We're looking at buying a Buick Rendezvous 2007ish. The Buick manual says the trailer should never be more than 2000 pounds with up to two occupants, and with optional trailer towing package it could tow up to 3500lbs. The 2007 Towing Guide just says 3500 with optional towing package. Do you think we (two adults only) are safe not getting a towing package (if it's even available on a used Rendezvous)? Appreciate your help. Thank you.

C McC said...

I believe the 2007 Buick Rendezvous has a bigger engine than mine. My 2002 Buick said 2000 pounds. My Classic probably weighs about 1800, or more, pounds. I have not had any problems towing it. I haven't towed in mountains.

C McC said...

I believe the 2007 Buick Rendezvous has a bigger engine than mine. My 2002 Buick said 2000 pounds. My Classic probably weighs about 1800, or more, pounds. I have not had any problems towing it. I haven't towed in mountains.